Re: [linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 00:34:51 EEST

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 16:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > I get no xruns at 32 (!) frames using 2.6 with the VP patches,
> > and my soundcard shares an interrupt with USB:
> >

> (Non-argumentive if it's unclear) Please stick a USB mouse on the USB
> port that is shared and wiggle it madly while doing some of this. Can
> you create an xrun?

No, this does not cause an xrun, because even though the USB interrupt
handler interrupts the soundcard irq (and vice versa), it does not run
for a significant fraction of the period time. Of course it's best to
have the soundcard on an interrupt that is not shared. But whether that
interrupt is #5 or #10 does not matter.

> BTW - PIC or APIC interrupts?

PIC (as in I only have irqs 0-15), but APIC works the same way.

Lee