Re: [linux-audio-user] audio kernel compilation...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audio kernel compilation...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 20:47:25 EEST

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 10:24 am, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 12:59, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> > I need to dive into the world of compiling my first kernel. It will be
> > for an RPM based distro and I want it to be the 2.6 kernel with VP and
> > realtime-lsm patches and alsa drivers built in.
> >
> > What is my simplest path to do this?
>
> If you already use an RPM based distro you can just use the CCRMA
> RPM's. No need to compile it. Check the archives (this list and the
> CCRMA list) for more info.

The Fedora kernels "break" this distro. All is optimized for i686...AFAIK.
I'm not sure but I also think there is an issue with nptl in this distro.
Isn't that what realtime-lsm is based on??

Again, forgive my complete ignorance here...but this is how I learn such
things.

R~

--
The Road of Life is paved with Squirrels that couldn't make a decision!