Re: [linux-audio-user] Dodgey issues with my Delta 1010LT

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Dodgey issues with my Delta 1010LT
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 00:26:25 EEST

Last Wednesday 29 September 2004 23:08, Glenn McCord was like:
> If I have xmms
> running, jack will refuse to start with this error
[ ... ]
> Device or resource busy
> the playback device "hw:0" is already in use. Please stop the
> application using it and run JACK again

XMMS is using the soundcard.

You need to start JACK before any other music apps and run them _through_
JACK, which basically acts as a mixer here, sending alsa_pcm a stereo signal.

XMMS: Look in Options > Preferences (CTRL+P) - Audio I/O Plugins (the first
tab) There is a dropdown box that allows you to select ALSA (for standalone
use), JACK or various other output plugins. If you want to use XMMS with
other audio applications you need to select JACK (and start JACK first).

cheers

tim hall