Re: [linux-audio-user] DAW Dillema -- Seeking Advice

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] DAW Dillema -- Seeking Advice
From: Greg Reddin (gtreddin_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 05:26:29 EEST

--- Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org> wrote:
> If you
> choose to take the route of getting something working for what you
> need,
> please consider at least looking into building it on top of
> ecasound.

I had considered that, but just don't know ecasound well enough yet.
Since you mentioned it, I will definitely look into it.

> You will _never_ get that opportunity if you choose to return to
> (join?) the corporate software arena.

This is precisely the reason I don't want to bail on the Linux Audio
ideal. I would know absolutely nothing about audio coding if it
wasn't for the Linux Audio group. For that, I believe I have a moral
obligation to give something back.

> Mark Knecht comes to mind and possible Ron Parker (is that correct,
> mean the guy w/the studio in Minnesota) have successfully stradled
> the
> commercial audio software and linux audio software worlds. Using
> what
> works better in Linux, but keeping their proprietary tools working
> in
> cooperation with their free software tools. Perhaps there is a
> hybrid
> approach available to you for the interim.

I've also considered that and may yet do it.

Thanks,
Greg