[linux-audio-user] asfxload and 2.6 kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-user] asfxload and 2.6 kernel
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_chicagoguitar.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 07:09:33 EEST

I have noticed since I switched to the 2.6 kernel tree I have been having troubles with asfxload and sfxload. When I try to launch it hangs.
The program just sits their running and can't be killed. It does not use to many clock cycles but I can't seem to kill it no matter what I do.
I tried killall asfxload and other tricks. I also tried to kill it with kde's process management program but it still did not die. A few times it complained that
/dev/sequencer was not available no such device. I was wondering if there is something I am doing wrong or if I should file a bug report. Anyone else experience
this?

sound card = SB live
Kernel = 2.6.2 (same problem with other versions of 2.6)
asfxload = ver.0.5.0c

launching asfxload by itself complains:
No Emux synth hwdep device is found

so I modprobe snd-hwdep and snd-emux-synth but it still complains

Thanks,
Jeremiah