[linux-audio-user] Re: Snd (DAW dilemma)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Snd (DAW dilemma)
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 13:38:01 EEST

> this is really not currently feasible in RAM.

But that's irrelevant from Snd's point of view -- it normally only
keeps 8K samples (or is it bytes?) in RAM for each open channel
or mix -- are you thinking of some other editor perhaps? One
of my standard "regression tests" operates on a 6 hour stereo
44 khz sound.

Anyway, I looked at the spreadsheet-for-sound business, and I
think I can make it work in Snd without great pain -- you could
use it that way now, but not easily. I'll poke at it further.