Re: [linux-audio-user] Wine midi...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Wine midi...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 21:54:09 EEST

On Friday 01 October 2004 11:23 am, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> > Has NE1 had any experience setting up Wine midi? I mean, more than seeing
> > that "midimapper.drv" is uncommented in the config file?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I unmapped it a long time ago and it didn't work.
>
> That said a week ago I had very good luck building wine-20040505 and
> jack_fst, and then ran NI's Battery as a VST. I drove it using
> Rosegarden so obviously MIDI was somehow getting through and working.

Jack_fst or alsa seq do all the hard work here afaik.

I guess what I need is a way to map the Wine midi interface to alsa seq so I
can connect ports to other midi apps.

> It wasn't until later that I realized I actually never configured Wine
> at all to make that happen. I never entered any .wine directories or
> changed a single entry in it's config files. It just worked in spite of
> me... ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Yeah, I now have 20040505 installed and working with jack_fst. This one i did
not build though...It is rpm from Thac's. I did get it working originally
with the vstserver version on Kjetil's site. That one I compiled.

--
The Road of Life is paved with Squirrels that couldn't make a decision!