[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] [Fwd: Re: Linux audio latency]

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] [Fwd: Re: Linux audio latency]
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 01:13:15 EEST

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 17:49, John Hedditch wrote:
> As you can see, the actual kernel latencies are pretty low, but I still get
> big xruns - for example just starting hydrogen gives me 3 xruns ( 1.026, 0.188, and 4.895 msec respectively ).
>
> Also, Hydrogen seems to crash if I run with
> jackd -R -p512 -t200 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r96000 -p64 -n2 -M

Now that might be a hydrogen bug. On my system it sounds OK at 32
frames and 128 frames, but crackles terribly (no xruns though) at 64.
In any case it crashes within a minute.

Also, there is a known issue where starting a new jack client causes
xruns. I don't remember what the status is.

My theory is that the VP patches are exposing bugs in other apps.

Lee