[linux-audio-user] suggestions for USB/serial/PCMCIA MIDI interfaces ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] suggestions for USB/serial/PCMCIA MIDI interfaces ?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 17:30:05 EEST

Greetings:

  I'd like to gain some hands-on knowledge on setting up a MIDI
interface from my laptop to external gear. eBay lists a lot of USB MIDI
interfaces, but I'd like to know what users on the list recommend for an
inexpensive 1x1 or 2x2 box.

  I'm also looking for a serial port interface, probably one of the Key
Midiator boxes. There's one on eBay now, but I'm being outbid on it by
someone who obviously wants it more than I do. If anyone has one to sell
please let me know, and I'd also like to know of anyone's experience
with the Midiator.

  Finally, is there such a beast as a PCMCIA MIDI interface card ? Audio
cards I know about, but I don't recall ever seeing such a creature as a
PCMCIA MIDI card.

TIA!

dp