Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 21:51:29 EEST

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:28:41 +0100, Steve Harris
<s.w.harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 10:09:41 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > So, the question at hand is why should the same kernel, built under
> > two different distro's, but run on the same machine, produce different
> > results. It's likely either what the compiler flags were, or what the
> > libraries were, or what was running in the background. (So I think...)
>
> Have you tried just booting the planet built kernel under gentoo?
>
> - Steve

Steve,
   I have not been that bold. would it work? At a minimum I'm fairly
sure that glibc and gcc itself are different versions. Right or wrong
my Gentoo box is updated almost daily to whatever the Gentoo gods
consider 'stable', which is not as stable as you and I would
necessarily call stable. Still, it's an interesting idea. Whatwoudl I
drage over? The kernel binary and all of /lib/modules/this-kernel?

Cheers & a happy Sunday to you,
Mark