Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 01:39:54 EEST

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 03:23:11 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Unfortunately (or furtunately maybe) the xruns continue with this
> kernel when booted under Gentoo. The number of xruns seems similar
> whether I use the FC2/Planet version or the one I built under Gentoo.
>
> Now --- what does this tell me?
>
> 1) That there is nothign wrong with the Gentoo kernel build process? I
> think that's the case, and that's good.
>
> 2) That there is something else about the setup of the system under
> Gentoo that's causing this to happen? I guess - maybe this is true.

Yep.

If you've allready checked the threading library versions (someone
allready metioned that) I would look at filesystems and mount options.

X drivers are a possbilitlity, but most of the other drivers should be the
same as youre running the same kernel, so it reduces the number of
variables a lot.

- Steve