[linux-audio-user] how videocard affects audio?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] how videocard affects audio?
From: Andrew Gaydenko (a_AT_etver.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 18:36:50 EEST

Hi,

Saying "aidio", I mean jack/latency/allRealted area. I have rather ancient
videocard - some info is below. Is it worth to think about an upgrading in
concerning with audio work? If it's so - are there cheap decisions here?
Suggestions?

Andrew
////////////////////////////
 # cat /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0
Model: GeForce2 MX 100/200
IRQ: 16
Video BIOS: 03.11.01.37.00
Card Type: AGP

 # cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/card
Fast Writes: Not Supported
SBA: Not Supported
AGP Rates: 4x 2x 1x
Registers: 0x1f000007:0x1f000104

r # cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge
Host Bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE/PE DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface
Fast Writes: Supported
SBA: Supported
AGP Rates: 4x 2x 1x
Registers: 0x1f000217:0x00000104