Re: [linux-audio-user] ncurses-based MIDI step sequencer a la muse (matrix mode)?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ncurses-based MIDI step sequencer a la muse (matrix mode)?
From: Hans Fugal (fugalh_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 22:37:57 EEST

Isn't it strange that there are perfectly usable sequencers built into
some keyboards utilizing only not-very-large LCD displays and the
keyboard, numeric keypad, some transport buttons, and a dial? Yet we
are faced with incredibly complex and heavyweight software to do the
same task.

I too would love to see a simple, elegant ncurses sequencer. I'm
fascinated by the fact that there isn't one already; it seems a bit
idiosynchratic for linux.

At the risk of overextending myself, I have considered embarking on
such a project.