Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Fuzz effects

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Fuzz effects
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 07:19:40 EEST

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:49:06PM -0400, Francois Isabelle wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been playing a little bit with JACK-RACK and my electric guitar.
> I have a wide variety of plugins but can't find a decent distortion.
>
> I tried all the types from the "lst" file include played a bit with the
> various settings, but they all sound very bad to me.

> I want to play good-old Led Zep stuff, any good combination to suggest
> ..
>
> Maybe these plugin are not good for realtime on a Athlon XP1800 ... ?

That should be plenty fast...

My guess is you'll need a combination of plugins.
But remember that an important part of the guitar equation is
the frequency / transient response of the speaker cabinet.
Tim Goetz has done some useful plugins for this kind of thing,
in his "Caps" plugin collection:
http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html

Maybe try something like:

input -> PreampIV -> Cabinet -> output
... hmm, i'm gonna go build it and try that myself :-)

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com