Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] What is a 'delay exceeds' vs. and xrun - BIG MISSES - AND SOLUTIONS!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] What is a 'delay exceeds' vs. and xrun - BIG MISSES - AND SOLUTIONS!
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 02:16:06 EEST

Mark Knecht <mknecht_AT_controlnet.com> writes:

> And to you to for doing the realtim-lsm stuff. One thing I am seeing
> which I don't quite understand is with realtime-lsm loaded it seems
> that apps default to somewhere other than my home account the first
> time I open a file menu. They are either going to / or /root. Not sure
> if that's by design or some sort of limitation, but it seems a bit off
> to me.

The LSM should not be affecting this in any way.

More likely, you're logging in differently and the applications are
starting with different values of $HOME in their environment. On most
distributions /root is the home directory of the superuser. You
really don't want to be using that for audio data.

It matters whether you log in as `root' or as yourself. You should
generally log in as `mknecht', and use `sudo' to run individual
commands requiring root privileges.

--
  joq