Re: [linux-audio-user] Difference between T and S in Voluntary Preempt patches suffix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Difference between T and S in Voluntary Preempt patches suffix
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 03:13:41 EEST

> However, as I've found it the hard way, the -mm2 series is now known to
> have broken USB support, so if you rely on this subsystem for anything
> critical, stay away from those.
>
> In the meantime, I'll just wait for -mm3 to come out, which will hopefully
> get USB right, and proceed with the VP thing. I'm on hold with -mm1-S7 :)

My low latency kernet is on -mm4. My USB mouse is working fine, as is
everything else I've had the chance to try. I haven't seen a reason
for me to jump to the T series preemptions stuff yet. Maybe soon
though...

flash mark $ uname -a
Linux flash 2.6.9-rc2-mm4-VP-S7-UMP-noACPI #6 Tue Oct 5 21:02:57 PDT
2004 i686 Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux