[linux-audio-user] Tuning pdflush?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Tuning pdflush?
From: Rick (zajelo3_AT_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 20:53:19 EEST

Hi all,
    I recently switched to FC2 with the CCRMA 2.6.8 kernel. I was
wondering if there is a way to tune pdflush in the 2.6 kernel like you
could bdflush in the 2.4 kernel? I have seen advice on this list to set
bdflush by adding *"echo* "10 64 0 0 2000 15000 90 5 0" >
/proc/sys/vm/*bdflush" to the rc.local file, thus causing bdflush to
write smaller chunks more often to disk instead of waiting for the
"dirty buffer" to accumulate alot of stuff to write to disk all at once,
possibly causing dropouts. Is there a way to do this with pdflush or is
it even necessary with the 2.6 kernel? Thanks in advance.

                Rick B
*