Re: [linux-audio-user] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm3-xxx

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm3-xxx
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 05:45:39 EEST

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 21:56, thewade wrote:
> As Lee Revell has pointed out, there are bugs with
> voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm2-S9 as I have posted them on this list.
>
> So I have been waiting for an mm3-s10 patch so I can try again, but I
> have noticed that a new patch is ready for the T(x) set of patches. I
> asked before about these patches and I ws told that it has something
> to do with a stack of some sort.

The S9, T3 etc. part of the patch just refers to the voluntary preempt
version. Seems like the letter increase with big or user visible
changes, and the numbers are bug fix releases.

> My question is: does the voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm3-T3 patch have
> all the low-latency goodness of the S(x) series: e.g. should I try this
> out, or is it designed for some specific hardware set.

Yes, you should always use the latest version for now. This might
change in the future if stable/dev branches are created. But, I don't
think Ingo has time to maintain a stable release.

T3 seems to be quite stable.

> Also what is the story with the undo-lockmeter-2.6.9-rc3-mm3-A1?

That is just for the benefit of the MontaVista developers porting their
RT work to mm3-T3. You don't need it.

Lee