Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 17:53:36 EEST

Last Monday 11 October 2004 14:01, Nathan Callahan was like:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:37 pm, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Monday 11 October 2004 12:49, Nathan Callahan wrote:
> > > Anyone got any clues as to why I don't seem to be able to get any MIDI
> > > messages from the MIDI/gameport on my SB Live! Value?
> >
> > You are sure you have the right adapter-cable? There are two or three
> > "standards" spooking around in the world.
> > Mine works perfectly... :-) Just a plain SBLive! connected with my
> > (master-)keyboard and a synth.
>
> Unfortunately, yes I'm sure. It works under that other OS fine. I just
> don't boot into that one terribly often anymore. Perhaps a look at your
> config would help... I'm basically using a slightly hacked up version of
> the default setup from Mandrake 10.0.
>
> This might be a red herring (probably is, I really have no idea what I'm
> doing when it comes to midi and Alsa), but I just noticed
> that /proc/asound/seq/drivers looks a little like this...
>
> snd-emu10k1-synth,empty,1
> snd-seq-midi,empty,2

Absolutely no idea, this is probably just telling you what you already know,
that MIDI is not configured. I don't know Mandrake. Under Debian you'd be
looking for something like /etc/alsa/modutils/1,0 (assuming you're using ALSA
>= 1.0) or /etc/modutils/alsa-base, whatever file is created by alsaconf, you
would need to insert an options line into it. Need to know what soundcard you
have.
Info from
uname -a
lsmod