Re: [linux-audio-user] error report 2.6.9-rc4-mm1-VP-T4

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] error report 2.6.9-rc4-mm1-VP-T4
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 21:13:03 EEST

> I\'m the wrong person to be guessing, but I\'m honest enough to say
> that\'s all I\'m doing. Is this a gcc-3.4.x problem on Athlon-64-bit?

correct compiler and arch (x86_64) but Ive compiled working kernels on
this machine before, though not any mm(x) or S(y) or T(Y).
The current kernel I use is 2.6.9-rc3 and except having to unplug my USB
mouse for boot (or risk halting when loading usb) I have no problems and
my hdsp works fine, albeit with problems running large and complex
patches in PD without xruns
(jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -p (anywhere from 512 to 2048) -r 48000).

I cant say if its a compiler error...

> > LAD *maybe*, but LAU?
>
> Hehe, maybe even just to provide a testbed to increase the development
> speed of something really usable for a LAU member :)

Im up for the risk, if the reward of having a low-latency, high powered
realtime synthsis machine I can take to performances is a possability.

-thewade