[linux-audio-user] Linux IRQ datapoint

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Linux IRQ datapoint
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 23:59:46 EEST

I was building a new kernel under FC2 this morning trying to make FC2
equal to my Gentoo kernel which is working very well. I made a mistake
on this new kernel and forgot to turn on 'APIC contoller for UMP
machines'. When the kernel booted I got all sorts of xruns. The IRQ
was threaded, so I set it for non-threaded but still got a lot of
xruns. (>100 in 10 minutes)

I rebuilt the kernel where the only change I made was to enable APIC
interrupts and IO-APIC controllers for UMP. The kernel booted and has
been running for 30 minutes with no xruns...

Just another IRQ datapoint, but that was the only change I made...

- Mark