[linux-audio-user] Drum pattern creation.

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Drum pattern creation.
From: isabellf (isabellf_AT_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 15:05:12 EEST

Hello,
         I'm looking for information on the art of drum pattern
creation. I don't talk about "howtos" for various drum machines or
sequencers, I know how to use these, I just suck at creating good drum
patterns ;-(

I do differrent styles of music , folk , rock , jazz, classic,
experimental stuff, but no dance or techno stuff ( even though some of
my folk music out of my sblive synth feels a little more techno than it
should ... ).

One of the first thing I should probably do is study drum and get a
teacher or something, but I felt maybe some of you know some tricks:
what to avoid , what can be used at will, how to create fills... I even
though I could receive a pattern library full of examples.

I currently use rosegarden4 sequencer, the matrix editor is nice for
drum part edition, but I also have hydrogen and tk707.

And also, if you think another list would be more appropriate, tell me
which.

Thank you

Frank