Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value
From: Nathan Callahan (ncalla_AT_netspace.net.au)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 15:37:00 EEST

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:35 am, isabellf wrote:
> THis is what `/sbin/lsmod | grep snd` gives on my debian system running
> 2.6.8 kernel:

Thanks. There's a couple of really nice clues in there, particularly:
snd_seq_midi 8608 1
snd_seq_midi_event 7936 3 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_virmidi
snd_seq_midi_emul 8064 1 snd_emux_synth
snd_seq 53776 16
snd_seq_device 8264 7
snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_emu10k1_synth,snd_emux_synth,snd_seq,snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi

> Note that you need to "asfxload" the sound fonts:
>
> asfxload midi/SoundFonts/PC51f.sf2 ( as root ) for sound to come out .
>
> PC51f.sf2 is a very nice soundfont (better that the one coming on SBlive
> CD) , find it with google.hanks to everyone for the help.

Yeah, I'd already worked that one out in trying to find a solution to my
current problem. Not that I'm all that interested in using the card for MIDI
synthesis.

I'll have a play around with it when I get the time again. Will report the
results back here.

Thanks to everyone for the help.