[linux-audio-user] RE: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 13, Issue 45

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RE: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 13, Issue 45
From: Alejandro Lopez (alex_osiris_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 11:16:20 EEST

Hi Free,

Thank you for your comments.

>Please try the final 1.2.0, all the tools you mention are there.

I'm glad to hear that. As I said, I had no problem after all since I had
rawrite2 somewhere anyway, but having this corrected makes Demudi neater.

>This is related with the new Debian installer mechanism, AFAIR if you
>press the back button you'll be prompted language and keyboard in
>different screens. I'll try to address the problem for the next 1.2.1

Actually, you can select language and keyboard in different screens by
selecting back just as you describe. Problem is, somehow X will be
configured for US layout keyboard anyway if you select Spanish keyboard and
English language (kind of strange). Since the computer is always run under
X, all I had to do really is to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (not 100% sure
about the path where this file resides) to change the layout from "" to
"es".

>Translations for the Debian installer are still in progress. Please
>please please send any suggestion to debian-boot_AT_lists.debian.org,
>such contribution is very appreciated.

Thanks for pointing to the relevant forum. The thing here is I was scared to
read the partition manager in Spanish, but I'm not sure that this is part of
the Debian installer? Can you clarify so I can get in touch with the
relevant people? I noticed it's a different tool to what it used to be (some
fancy flavour of fdisk I think), but I don't know wether it is an
application in itself or it is just part of the Debian installer. Whatever
it is, if I could get hold of a list of messages (in English) this software
has, I'd be happy to translate as accurately as possible and provide the
translated list of messages. Especifically, the "finish and write partition
table" reads "abort and write partition table" in the Spanish translation,
not good.

Cheers,

Alex

¿Estás pensando en cambiar de coche? Todas los modelos de serie y extras en
MSN Motor. http://motor.msn.es/researchcentre/