Re: [linux-audio-user] GM sound font sets, was Now trying to configure

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] GM sound font sets, was Now trying to configure
From: Alejandro Lopez (alex_osiris_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 11:25:00 EEST

Have you tried Air Font? I haven't been able to give any of the sets a try
yet (due to lack of time, I just CAN'T WAIT now, honest) but it seems to be
getting very good reviews at Hammersound. I have now downloaded both Air
Font and Fluid r3 (as I read your post)..

BTW, I'm not sure that the SB soundfont is FREE for anyone to use, I think
it's likely that you can use it in whatever way you like (softsynth etc)
provided that you HAVE a SB anyway?

Cheers,

Alex

>and the pianos are good too. I agree that Creative's fonts aren't really
>all that good (though I do like the pianos), but they're free (as in beer,
>I think) and work well with TiMidity and fluidsynth.
>
>Btw, I use the Fluid_R3 soundfont with TiMidity for synth work. To my ears
>it's about par with Hyper Canvas.

Móviles, DVD, cámaras digitales, coleccionismo... Con unas ofertas que ni te
imaginas. http://www.msn.es/Subastas/