[linux-audio-user] Problem with mbeq ladspa plugin

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Problem with mbeq ladspa plugin
From: burkhard (burkhard.ritter_AT_stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 00:18:32 EEST

Hello.

I have a problem with the Multiband Equalizer Ladspa plugin. The command

ecasound -a:1 -i:blub.wav -el:mbeq,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 -a:2
-i:blap.wav -a:1,2 -o alsa

works just fine and as expected. However, on adding the mbeq to the
second chain with

ecasound -a:1 -i:blub.wav -el:mbeq,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 -a:2
-i:blap.wav -el:mbeq,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 -a:1,2 -o alsa

the first chain is muted. The second chain sounds ok.

It is the same with ardour. On activating the plugin on the second
bus, the first is muted.

Can you reproduce this behaviour? Is this a problem with my local
setup or might this be some kind of bug?

I use a quite recent Debian Unstable. Apt-cache says

Package: swh-plugins
Version: 0.4.7-1

Package: fftw3
Version: 3.0.1-10

Do you need further information? I would appreciate any help. I also
wounder what you are using for equalizing.

Thanks,
Burkhard