[linux-audio-user] looking for a ogg online radio with music+news etc, and no ads

Subject: [linux-audio-user] looking for a ogg online radio with music+news etc, and no ads
From: Miernik (miernik_AT_ctnet.pl)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 14:06:08 EEST

I am looking for a general radio station streaming in ogg format that
would have no advertisements (can be donation-funded, or even paid with
a monthly fee to authorise an IP address etc).

I found some, but all of them are almost only music.

I would like some world news like 5 minutes every hour, and sometimes
things like interviews with politicans, scientists or other public people
(but not musicans or actors!), some spoken satire, some reportages etc.

Music should be about 2/3 of the time only. I don't look for any
specific type of music, but I want it to be "gentle", not "hard" music,
I don't know if you understand what I mean.

What web radio station is closest to the above (most important: no ads)?

--
Miernik             _________________________  xmpp:miernik_AT_amessage.info