Re: [linux-audio-user] sndpeek: real-time 3D FFT + audio visualizatoin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sndpeek: real-time 3D FFT + audio visualizatoin
From: Ge Wang (gewang_AT_cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 01:19:09 EEST

Thanks to all who have downloaded and sndpeek'd -
and for the great suggestions, most of which we will
put into the next version.

regarding sndpeek crashing using JACK:

We are trying to track this down. So far ALSA seems fine -
please let us know if sndpeek crashes with ALSA on your
system. There seems to be some issues with opening audio
input using JACK with RtAudio on certain systems. When
this fails, there should be an exception thrown, but we found
that this is disabled in the current build. It is a possible source
of the crash. Stack traces suggest sndpeek crashes deep in
the glutCreateWindow(). Perhaps updating the video driver
may fix this problem. We hope to have a more robust fix soon!

Best,
Ge!