Re: [linux-audio-user] hdsp multiface MIDI wont work

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] hdsp multiface MIDI wont work
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 00:55:02 EEST

> Use \"modprobe snd-seq-midi\"

hdsploader
hdspmixer
sudo modprobe snd-seq-midi
aconnect -li
client 0: \'System\' [type=kernel]
    0 \'Timer \'
    1 \'Announce \'

I try this and it runs without complaint, but still no show in
aconnect or pd. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

Also, why is my AMD Opteron 64 3400+ linux laptop slower than my
AMD Athlon 2600+ WinXP desktop? Both have 1Gb of ram.
My laptop kernel is 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 and the audio latency on
my laptop is much lower then the desktop, but PD patches run
faster on the desktop then on the laptop....
Is there a way to trace where processor time is going?
I have non-preempt tracing turned off because Ingo told me that
it can create badness with the 64 bit processors.

Lastly, I have an audio CD out that I made primarily with Csound.
http://www.aproximation.com/
It will be for sale at www.cdbaby.com shortly, and available for
download from itunes (pay) and aproximation.org(free) as well.

Thanks!
-thewade