[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Re: commandline info viewer ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Re: commandline info viewer ?
From: Michelle Konzack (linux4michelle_AT_freenet.de)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 15:40:07 EEST

Am 2004-10-29 12:35:40, schrieb tim hall:

> It's not a new distribution. It's a custom Debian distro based on Sarge and
> tuned for multimedia work. You can simply use the relevant packages on top of
> a Sarge install. However, you said you were running Woody. The AGNULA/DeMuDi
> installer is probably the easiest way to install a multimedia version of
> Sarge, that's why I suggested it.

I do not use SARGE because it crash all the time...

I use "DeepSpace" (ds9.3.0.0.tar.gz) from the NASA and it SARGE/SID
do not like to open a 1 BByte Pic... under WOODY no problem.

Then Blender crashs under SARGE too, my Backport (same source as SID)
for WOODY not.

There are many things which are not working correctly under SARGE

> > I am working for the french military and USE CC-EAL4/5.
> > I do not like to recheck more then 200 Debian-Packages...
>
> I don't understand this bit, sorry.

I have for security tuned Debian Packages... If I 'apt-get install
demudi' maybe my "security" packages are overwriten.

It is realy wired, because the french DGSE use Debian since 3 years
and there is a TaskForce which Secure Debian-Packages...

Now the french governement give 7 million Euros to "Mandrake Soft"
too do the job a second time... :-(

> cheers
>
> tim hall

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi