[linux-audio-user] Re: Save/restore ALSA mixer settings

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Save/restore ALSA mixer settings
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 15:49:31 EET

On Sunday 31 October 2004 15:31, you wrote:
> --- David Baron <d_baron_AT_012.net.il> wrote:
> > What two calls should I put in here to get the mixer setting saved and
> > restored?
>
> alsactl store
> alsactl restore

So .. they are there. These take a numerical argument and would be repeated
for each numbered audio card. Mine had argument 2 which corresponded to an
mpu401 interface. Hardly audio. The one supported audio card is card 0
according to /proc/asound/cards. So I changed it--see what happens.

How did the 2 get there?
.