[linux-audio-user] suggest a synth

Subject: [linux-audio-user] suggest a synth
From: vord (vordhosbn_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 07:27:55 EET

hello list.

ive somewhat recently begun composing, and also experimenting a little
with sound in linux ... so far though i only have a schumann baby
grand piano and this gentoo linux workstation. i decided earlier this
week to branch out a bit and purchase a synthesizer; and i figured i
should poll this list for suggestions. my budget is pretty slim though
... $500 max. new/used ... new/old ... analog/digital ... doesnt
really matter to me. i just want rich sounds and plenty of knobs for
twiddlin'. :D

suggestions?

--vord