[linux-audio-user] Re: Save/restore ALSA mixer settings

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Save/restore ALSA mixer settings
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 10:24:49 EET

On Monday 01 November 2004 08:29, linux-audio-user-request_AT_music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > A long time bug in recent kernels: Mixer settings have not been
> > saved/restored and everything comes up very silent.
>
> Just checking: you rememberd to do chkconfig alsasound after installning
> alsa? I had this very same problem after installing planet ccrma on my
> FC1 until I found out I had skipped the chkconfig part of the install.

Stuff was upgrade-installed by apt-get Debian package utilty. Offers choice of
overwriting or keeping configs. I have no chkconfig.

Two problems:
1. The original script used a syntax msg( alsactl restore ....). This does not
to anything.

2. The script as I changed it with a direct call to alsactl restore is
apparently no being run or being run out-of-order on startup.