Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm module and 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 x86_64: wont boot

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm module and 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 x86_64: wont boot
From: Joey Reid (joe_AT_joeyreid.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 15:29:14 EET

I have a had this same error on my system when trying to upgrade to the
planet CCRMA planetedge kernels. I had come to believe the my problem
was related to my root partition being on a SATA disk, and the switch to
libata (2.6.5 works for me).

The error means that whatever is supplied to the kernel with the "root="
parameter is not a valid device. In my case, this was "root=LABEL=/",
but it could be "root=/dev/hda1" or something like that.

So what do you have, and what is the previous version of kernel that
does work for you?