Re: [linux-audio-user] Voip with snd_intel8x0 module

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Voip with snd_intel8x0 module
From: Andres Cabrera (andres_AT_geminiflux.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 03:31:02 EET

Hi,
If I understand correctly, what might be happening is not software
mixing, but hardware mixig, i.e. the mic input is going directly to the
outputs through the card's hardware mixer. This may happen even if the
selected input for recording is not the mic. You can check this using
the alsa mixer or something like gamix (see if the mic input is open).
If this is what is happening, the recording input might be set to line
instead of mic.

Andres