[linux-audio-user] Recording with ardour - mono/stereo

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Recording with ardour - mono/stereo
From: Dubphil (dubphil_AT_free.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 20:55:23 EET

Hello,

Finally audio on Linux has convinced me; thanks to my DeMuDi 1.2.0 !

So just for the curious, I've setup a strong soundsystem in order to make
some Dub.
On Fluxbox I use my 4 desktops :
on the first one I have TerminatorX (to simulate tape or vinyl rewinded)
it is the audio source that I inject in ams that plays the rôle of
pre-amp/crossover it is working quite strongly and it is on the second
desktop where I disconstruct the sound for the Dub. On the third desktop I
have Qsynth connected to my midi keyboard to play some chords (riddim in
dub jargon). On the fourth desktop I have ardour that centralise all the
stuff :
ams, qsynth and my Roland TB303 which is routed directly by the line in.
The output of ardour is routed to the Meterbridge.

So in ardour, thats the subject of my post, I have for the moment 4 tracks :

Master (stereo)

AMS (stereo)

TB303 (Stereo/mono ???? I created a mono track)

QSynth (stereo)

when I look in JackC i see that the 2 capture channel of my sound card are
connected to the lonnely TB303 in, but I have two TB303 out !!?? I must
say that I have added "stereo" effects on the TB303 track
when I play live no problem, but if I want to record, all the other tracks
can be recorded but not the TB303.
Ardour doesn't allow to record a such "hybrid" setting ? Or this is a
logical behavior ? anybody could point me ?

thanks

Philippe

PS : the lonely bad thing about having such setting on linux, is that I
must open all the stuff each time I want to access the soundsystem :-(
and reconnect client that use a pid number to identify them (like the
meterbridge)