Re: [linux-audio-user] recording bats?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording bats?
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 00:36:50 EET

This might be an interesting starting point:

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0001-37652004000200040&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en

Chris is correct that the sound acquisition equipment must be able to
register the ultrasonic frequencies before the A/D converter can do much
about it. I would assume that any Linux audio software capable of
recording at 96 KHz, along with a 96 KHz sound card [the model mentioned
in the above article records at 16 bit, BTW] would work just fine with
an ultrasonic receiver.

I would recommend posting to the Phonography list [it's a Yahoo group,
unfortunately], as this is a bunch of folks dedicated to
nature/field/environmental sound recording.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl