Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 00:33:09 EET

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:33:56PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> [...]

Ico,

Can you say a bit about the new courses you are going to be teaching?
Are you aware of anything similar being offered at any other
institutions?

Not being geographically limited is one of the greatest benefits of
information available for study on the web. Traditional classroom
coursework can only reach those who can get to the classroom. Freedom of
scheduling is also a benefit of online learning. I ran out of debt
eligibility before I finished my undergraduate degree. I had to get a
job and start working and finish the degree on the side working at it
part time. Now I need to continue working. I can't afford to go to
school full time anymore. But, I still want to continue learning. I
really wish I could give up my job and dedicate all of my time for two
or three more years to learning, but I just can't see how to make it
feasible. I agree that external pressure and deadlines are helpful in
the learning process. My difficulty is not so much postponing the least
urgent or not working hard enough, but rather defining boundaries
between topics ... setting specific goals and sticking to them with out
loosing focus by exploring tangetial subjects.

Anyway, I'm sort of rambling on here. I just know that you are in the
academic world and that amongst other things you are a teacher so I
guess I wonder if you might be able to offer some guidance on how to
continue learning.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to offer.

-Eric Rz.