Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio USB Omnistudio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio USB Omnistudio
From: mryback_AT_caltech.edu
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 18:31:30 EET

Clemens,

> hw:1 is the same as hw:1,0. To use the virtual device, call jack
> with -dusb-audio.

Thanks, I shall try this after work.

> And I'm not sure if the device supports 4 channels when using playback
> and capture at the same time.

According to the docs at least, the driver for That Other OS(tm) supports
4 in / 4 out simultaneously. Apparently the hardware is cabable of it. The
vendor's tech spec sheet:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/OmniStudioUSB-focus.html

If you can find one of these, get it. They've discontinued them in favor
of the equivilent firewire device (FreeBob isn't there yet is it?).
There's some out there at full price but most of the resellers cut the
price and they all walked out the door in a hurry.

Mark