Re: [linux-audio-user] old ensoniq synth floppies

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] old ensoniq synth floppies
From: Sean Bolton (musound_AT_jps.net)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 20:06:28 EET

On Nov 18, 2004, at 2:32 AM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> David Corkill wrote:
>> A friend has a stack of old floppy disks containing tracks created on
>> an
>> ensoniq synthesizer. The synth no longer works and he wants to put all
>> his tracks onto his PC and convert them to midi.
>
> <http://fysmac-elg01.uio.no/eps/EPSSongSeqInfo.PDF>
>
> HTH
> Clemens

First you've got to get the stuff into the PC, which is not easy under
linux.
(There used to be a patch for 1.2.x kernels, I'm not sure what you have
do now.) I used Michael Chen's epsdisk under DOS to transfer all my
instrument files. It will work for the sequencer tracks also. See
Chicken
System's 'Other Downloads' page
(http://www.chickensys.com/downloads/other.php)
Good luck on the format conversion....