Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer
From: Janina Sajka (janina_AT_rednote.net)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 23:57:59 EET

Dave Phillips writes:

> It's good to be reminded that we're not the only ones interested in
> Linux audio projects. Yes, I'd like for everyone interested in such
> projects to be represented on LA*, but obviously no-one can force them
> to be here.

I just want to note that Wired will be of particular interest to those
few of us who require an eyes-free interface. Wired gets by virtue of
using Gnome's GTK+ ATK, though I don't yet know about exceptions and
particular gotchya's that might be lurking there.

I thought this important to note here since I know I'm not the only
blind musician hanging around on this list.

> Btw, I'll be updating the Linux soundapps pages again. Wired isn't the
> only interesting new application that's appeared since the last update... ;)

This may be too much to ask--but I'd sure like to know, without digging
into each app, what toolkit the app is built with. Any chance of
including this kind of data? If I were to troll around and build such an
index, would you include the data on the LAD pages?

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup

janina_AT_freestandards.org Phone: +1 202.494.7040