[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support
From: Amaury Jacquot (sxpert_AT_esitcom.org)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 17:15:55 EET

Giuliano Pochini wrote:

> No, it's not hard because there are a lot of skilled people around, but
> the card would be expensive. There was a thread about a project of "open
> source" graphic card recently on lkml.

I know about the project in question, as I participate in the discussion
about it.
an open design sound card would be even easier to design... an atmel
microcontroller and a pair of ADC / DAC chips should be enough to desing
something with a USB port.
now for the firewire thing, I guess a xilinx chip can do it, and those
are not that expensive either...