Re: [linux-audio-user] best DISTRO?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] best DISTRO?
From: Matt Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 22:56:00 EET

> I haven't switched to linux yet
> but it's totally the way of the future,
> you people are closer to the zeitgeist than most.

I have to put my 2 cents in for PlanetCCRMA. We use it to run our
computer music studio. Fernando (who runs CCRMA) is great, and listens
to feedback all the time - there is a great community of users and a
mailing list not unlike this one where you can solve most all your
problems you have with the distro (which are likely to be few). I'm
sure the same can be said of Mandrake and DeMuDi, but I'm not as
familiar with them... maybe if I had a spare computer lying around I'd
try them out more.

Matt