Re: [linux-audio-user] generator with JACK output

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] generator with JACK output
From: Malte Steiner (steiner_AT_block4.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 13:59:30 EET

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some kind of standalone signal generator (sine, rectangle, ...)
> with JACK output, which is handy for measurements goals (like a measurement
> of sound card/amplifier THD/IMD, bandwidth, and so on)?
>
> I have tried ams, but have not found a way to set a frequency value directly.
>
> Andrew

You could use Pure Data for it, kind of modular synthesizer.
Frequency can be set in hertz (cps) although getting a rectangle out of
it requires some effort,
but sine and sawtooth comes included.

http://www.puredata.info/

Cheers,
Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

blog 4, also available as rss feed: http://java.block4.com/blog4/ next events: 26.november workshop 3d modelling for max/msp jitter Musikhochschule Hamburg, Germany 26.november concert Elektronengehirn hoerbar Hamburg, Germany media art exhibition 9.-15. december Hamburg http://block4.com/nachweisbar/