[linux-audio-user] fitting drum samples to fit Trommler

Subject: [linux-audio-user] fitting drum samples to fit Trommler
From: ed orphan (millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 15:48:52 EET

The only drum program I could get working
is Trommler and it's OK, but I'd like to use
different samples with it. So I downloaded some
drum samples from:
http://www.hyperreal.org/music/machine
But they don't sound right on Trommler. The
time duration Trommler gives for each of it's
samples is shorter then my downloaded samples.
The result is an irritating clipping sound at the
end of each downloaded sample. Is there a way
to shorten or truncate a sound sample ( in wave
format ) by a few seconds so that I can shave
them down to fit Trommler?
   I'm new to this digital sound stuff, so any
information would be most appreciated.