Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 19:17:47 EET

> My hda1 partition is becoming %100 used and I don't
> know why. This began happening after a system lockup
> where I had to power cycle. I made about 9.7Gig of
> space available on the drive but after another lockup
> and power cycle the drive is %100 used again.

I once had a similar problem as I tried to scale a large image
in Gimp.

I killed Gimp after several minutes. After reboot, my machine
reported 0% disc space, because Gimp had placed a really huge
swapfile in my home directory.

Maybe you've got a similar problem? Try du to find out if
there are huge files on your drive.

 Best regards

    ce