[linux-audio-user] Re: ext3 filesystem

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: ext3 filesystem
From: Andrew Burgess (aab_AT_cichlid.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 22:33:24 EET

>> find / -name "core.*" -exec rm {} \;

>Oops, I'd say you should not run this at all: It will also find files
>like "core.pd", "core.txt" or "core.c" which probably are *not*
>coredumps. Better use:

>$ find / -name "core" -exec rm {} \;

core files on my system have the pid appended, so:

  find / -name "core.[0-9]*" -exec ls -l {} \;

(might be a 2.6-ism)

Also, I would never rm the files without thinking about it first, hence
the change from rm to ls -l

But better is to find all large recent files:

  find / -size +1000000c -mtime -1 | xargs ls -l

prints all files changed more recently than one day ago and larger than 1MB