Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem
From: Gustavo J. Zamorano S. (gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 06:23:36 EET

If you only have just those two file systmes, / and /boot, then chances
are that the log files are big.
1) Check under /var/log
cd /var/log
ls -l

Check what big files you have there.

2) Check for unread email under /var/spool/mail or /var/mail

cd /var/spool/mail
ls -l

remove big email files.

3) Check what directories are using more space with:

cd /

du -sk * | more

It will show you how many KB each directory under / is using.

Then cd to each one and check again with du -sk * to see how much
space the subdirectories are using.

Then, you can isolate the file(s) that are using big space.

Next time, create a separate file system for /var.

GZS