Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more
From: Florin Andrei (florin_AT_andrei.myip.org)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 09:05:25 EET

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 11:20 +1100, Dan Harper wrote:

> I will also make my official statement to all sound card manufacturers.
> I will only buy sound cards that are fully operational with my operating
> system of choice - Linux.

I'm thinking - if someone could put together (and maintain! that's the
hard part) a simple web page, containing just one table with four
columns:

1. Manufacturers of sound cards supported by Linux
2. Feed-back addresses and contacts for said manufacturers
3. Manufacturers of sound cards not supported by Linux (well, at least
the major players, there's no point in listing every single microscopic
company)
4. Feed-back addresses and contacts of said manufacturers

Then, whenever a Linux user buys a card supported by Linux, it would be
very simple to send a thank you to the respective manufacturer ("hey
guys, i'm buying this card because it's supported by Linux, thanks") and
send a f*** you to all manufacturers in column #3 ("hey guys, i bought a
card made by XYZ instead of you, because your cards are not supported by
Linux, no thanks").

Put that page on a prominent Linux multimedia site, advertise it and
encourage everyone to use it. If thousands of people do that, i betcha
we will see some changes.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/