Re: [linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers
From: Rui Nuno Capela (rncbc_AT_rncbc.org)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 13:11:44 EET

Maarten de Boer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we are talking nvidia, I take advantage to ask if anyone got
> the nvidia proprietary modules to build correctly with an "Ingo Molnars
> realtime preemption patch" patched kernel?
>
> maarten

Yes, while the patches were based against 2.6.9. Since 2.6.10-rc1 the
proprietary nvidia kernel modules refuse to load due to kernel symbols
mismatch. At least on me.

AFAICT it's not Ingo's RT patch fault, it's a Linus/Andrew's feature :)

Either way, I guess nvidia should do it's homework, once 2.6.10 is out.

Bye.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc_AT_rncbc.org